Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lost

Have you ever felt like you didn’t fit in?  That you were the square peg society kept trying to shove into that round hole?  Well, that’s me on any given day.  And while I’ve generally learned to live with it, sometimes it sneaks up and kicks me in the rear, causing a face-plant in the cement before me. 

Anyway, for a period of several weeks, I’ve felt even more out of place than I usually do.  Mind you, I know that I don’t have a place – my sense of humor is a bit left of center and my personality leaves something to be desired most of the time, but hey, I’m who I am and I’m okay with that.  Thus, the getting used to not quite being accepted.

So, back to the subject.  I think. 

I feel isolated, alone, and well, lost.  I keep reaching out to people and they keep stepping out of my grasp.  And it’s not their fault – they have lives, obligations, other friends… and yet, knowing that doesn’t seem to help.  So, what can you do?

Me, I tend to drown my sorrows in Starbucks, peanut butter M&M’s and indulge in some writing.  But even that doesn’t seem to be helping lately.  Matter of fact, it’s only turned my writing maudlin.  Just what I need… a heroine that’s depressed. LOL  Boy, her hero better have some pretty broad shoulders because he’s going to need to take the weight of her world onto his shoulders here before long. 

And now?  I’m done whining.  For now.  Tune in tomorrow, things could change. 

AmyLuckym_d_-vi

1 comments:

Qwill said...

I often feel like I'm a bit (okay, a lot) different. But I am 100% okay with that. I'm happy in my own skin. I don't have close friends in my locale, but I do have close and wonderful friends. So you are not alone in the not fitting-in-ness. Wish I could give you a magic formula for not feeling that way, but it does not exist. Big hugs.