Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friendship Quotes for the New Year

I have a hoard of these stashed around my office.  My very best friend had a desk calendar in 2008 that was all just wonderful quotes and every now and then, she’s gather a bunch and send them to me. And yeah, while I know it’s now 2010, I stashed them somewhere and only just found them again.  LOL

So, here are a few to make you smile and hopefully think of your best friend.

“Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.”  - John Evelyn

“A good friend – like a tube of toothpaste – comes through in a tight squeeze.”  - Anonymous (and LOL!)

“Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as any other fragile and precious thing.” – Randolph S. Bourne (something I think we all need to keep in mind)

“Along with my favorite memories, and right beside my highest hopes, I keep a very precious reminder that… we’ll never be apart.” – Jenn Davids

“A friend is someone who knows the song of your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Anonymous (and in my case, it’d probably be sung back way off key…)

“Did I choose you?  Did you choose me?  And what difference does it make?  All that really matters, friend, is that we chose together.” – Lois Wyse

“Only you… think I’m funny upside down on an arm chair at ridiculous hours of the morning.” – Dorothy-Ann Parent

“A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson (dedicated to Red because the gods only know, she’s heard more than her share)

“Friends are God’s way of taking care of us.” – Anonymous

And lastly, a quote from one of my favorite sources:

“‘Friendship,’ said Christopher Robin, ‘is a very comforting thing to have.’” – A. A. Milne

And that’s it for today!

~TCL

0 comments: