Friday, December 5, 2008

Yes, I am a College Graduate

<rant>

Okay… so I get a fax from a contractor asking for some changes to an invoice.  In this case, it means more money, so hey, I’m there. 

This is the note on the fax:

Retention needs to be bill in full before retention billing can be excepted. 

Huh?  Okay, bill instead of billed is probably just a typo.  I know I forget endings on words quite often.  But HELLO!  accepted NOT excepted!  What the hell is wrong with people these days?  It’s simple basic freaking vocabulary!

Or, am I expecting too much out of people?  If you’re going to work in a field where you will be sending out correspondence to other people PLEASE understand the basic concepts of grammar, punctuation and the ENGLISH LANGAUGE!

</rant for now>

The Crazy HTML mangling Lady who, by the way, never actually graduated college but does know the difference between their, there, and they’re.

1 comments:

Rottie_mom said...

That sentence didnt make much sense lol. People should just write it out in plain english LOL