Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No More

1-25-08 Butterfinger 001

No more small, fuzzy animals for me.  It breaks my heart every time I lose one of them.  Last night, I put Destiny back into her cage, gave her a treat and went to give one to Butterfinger as well.  He didn’t even stir when I opened the cage.  I knew then that something was wrong.

10-18-07 Hamsters 002

His little body was sooo cold, but he was still moving, but just barely so I sat and I held him until he didn’t move any more.  I don’t know what went wrong; he was fine Monday night, up and running in his wheel. 

12-09-07 Hamsters_sm1

Butterfinger lived with us for fourteen wonderful months.  I have no idea how old he was when we brought him home, but we enjoyed every minute we had with him.  When we took him home, we had been told that he’d been beaten up by another hamster and had been in ‘rehab’ (HA!  Hammie Rehab!).  And you know what?  For having been bullied and abused, he was the sweetest, most loving animal I have ever had in my life.  I’m going to miss him a lot. 

12-26-07 013

And even now, I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes because I just can’t lose another pet.  My poor battered heart can’t take it.  I just hope he knows how much we loved him and how badly I feel for not knowing there was something wrong.  My poor baby Butterfinger… Wonder if he’ll still be Jabba the Hamster once he’s over the Bridge?

~Your terribly sad Hamster-Loving Crazy Lady

6 comments:

Deena said...

So sorry for your loss Aims. I have no doubt he knew how much he was loved ;)

Rottie_mom said...

Oh hon, Im sooo sorry! It never is easy to loose a baby no matter how big or small. I bet he knew how lucky he was to live with you and your family. Hugs to all of you!

Crazy Lady said...

Thanks guys, two hammies in two months is almost more than I can take. I appreciate the kinds words.

CaliGirlinVegas said...

I'm so sorry Amy. I'll be here if you want to talk.

Redheaded Mama said...

OH HONEY!!! I'm sorry to hear this!!

Qwill said...

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.