Monday, October 13, 2008

Selfish People

I need to get this off my chest before I can go and start talking about my trip to Tombstone.  So, bear with me, okay?

Saturday night, my sister and mom came to pick my kids up to spend the night.  My nephew (my sister’s son) was having a birthday party on Sunday, the day I flew back in.  The timing was all messed up (the party started at noon, I arrived at 12:40) and the party was at my ex-brother-in-law’s house, 45 minutes away from the airport.  So, my sister graciously offered to keep the kids so they could attend.  Nice of her, huh?

Anyway, the closer we got to my ex-BIL’s place, the more Zan realized that my brother and sister-in-law lived not far away.  Now, this is funnier than hell because my brother, my sister-in-law and my ex-BIL do NOT get along.  At.  All.  So, when we showed up, Zan asked my sister about this and she confirmed that they lived just around the corner.

Now, here’s the kicker – my brother and SIL REFUSED to bring my other nephew over to the party.  My mom and sister had to go get TC and BRING him to the party.  My SIL said that they wouldn’t do it because it wasn’t neutral ground.  WTF?  I mean, really.  If my SISTER, the one he WRONGED, can bury the hatchet, why the hell can’t they?  I mean seriously… At the very least, they could have driven around the damn corner and let him out and watched him walk to the doorway, but noooooo their stupid pride wouldn’t allow it. 

I don’t get it.  But who cares.  My ex-BIL has found himself a really nice new girlfriend who loves the kids, is good with them and my sister likes her.  What better recommendation could she get?

~TCL

2 comments:

Liane Gentry Skye said...

I'm happy for your BIL, but sad that your family isn't over the wounds from the past.

BTW, your blog design is friggin' awesome. I almost spilled soda on my keyboard when I lay eyes on that hunk in the background. :)

Verrry nice. :)

Crazy Lady said...

Thanks so much - he really is a nice guy and just because things didn't work out isn't any reason to hate on him. But then, my family refuses to let go sometimes.

And LOL - thanks - that's my honey Blake Shelton you're drooling over. Purty, isn't he?