Friday, October 17, 2008

Rough Week

Well, I knew it was going to be a long week when it started.  I came home Sunday afternoon after being gone for four days, that’s always a sure sign that things are going to be out of order.  I was pleasantly surprised when I came home to find the house clean and the laundry done!  Although, Zan admits that Princess showed him how. LOL

With Zan’s looming surgery, I knew that he wouldn’t be able to handle the concert on Saturday so I had asked my sister.  Yesterday afternoon, she sends me an e-mail telling me she can’t make it.  I had no one else to go with and was extremely sad to know that I wasn’t going to get to see my Blake.  However, my luck turned around and one of my co-workers talked to his wife and she’ll be going with me.  Yay!  I do like her and we are a lot alike, so it should be fun.

To make things worse, last night/this morning, around 12:30, Zan comes to bed and tells me that Sasha, my dwarf hamster, is acting strange.  I go downstairs and find her huddled on the floor of her cage.  I take her out and hold her and she starts shaking and kicking out one of her front legs.  I sat and held her for a long time.  I knew she was dying. 

I put her back into her cage and tried to make her as comfortable as possible.  After, I went back to bed and laid there, crying, most of the night.  This morning, when I got up, she was gone.  The girls took it well, but hard.  They loved our little Sashy Pants as much as I did.  Mischief is already asking if we can have another.  LOL

I feel horrible, but poor Sasha has been sick for awhile.  She had a recurring issue with her pouch getting impacted.  On our second trip to the vet, he discovered a tumor.  I knew it was only a matter of time then.  So, we loved on her as much as possible and did what we could.  I hope she can say she was loved and had a good life. 

The only good news this week is that Zan is recovering well from his surgery yesterday.  The doctor said he was doing well and we didn’t spend more than a few hours at the hospital.  He goes back on Wednesday for a check-up and hopefully all is well.  No pictures to document the process since he wouldn’t let me near him with the camera yesterday. LOL  But, I do have a couple of my little furry baby to share in memory.

Sasha_23

Sasha_s

2 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

I'm sorry about Sasha :( The boys were also sad to hear about it.

Hugs!

Rottie_mom said...

Im sooo sorry to hear about Sasha. She is now happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you.

Good to hear the surgery went well!