Monday, October 27, 2008

Kids, Carrie, and NKOTB

So, at this point, most of you know that I have two kids.  Two girls, 6 and 8.  And I love my kids, they are the light of my life and 99.9% of the time, they are GOOD KIDS.  I have no real complaints about them.  They do well in school, they listen, they behave.  That said, they are still a handful.  Even good, helpful kids are a lot of work.

My girls love to watch Jon and Kate + 8.  And if you’re not in the know as far as that show goes, Jon and Kate got married, got pregnant, and had twins.  A couple years later, they decided they wanted one more and wound up with sextuplets.  EEEK!  But okay, I understand that.  I think they had fertility treatments both times, but I could be wrong there.

And as much fun as it is to watch that show, it’s also nice for us normal parents to know that we’re not alone when we lose it completely. LOL  Well, now TLC has started a new show featuring the Duggars.  You know, that couple with the 17 kids?  And one more on the way?

Now THAT disturbs me.  I mean, how do you do that financially?  My husband and I both have good jobs and make decent money and yet, we still struggle.  I know Jon & Kate get help from their church, their community, etc, but they didn’t do this intentionally.  There’s was more like a major OOOOPS.  LOL  I mean, when is enough enough?  When do you finally step up and say, “We can’t do this anymore?”  And my gods… how do they keep their sanity?  I swear, I wanted to lock BOTH of mine in a closet this weekend and not because they were bad… they just would NOT STOP TALKING!  LOL

Any thoughts?

Okay, I just had to add this one little bit… on my way into work this morning, I was actually listening to the regular radio, not something I normally do.  However, one of our local stations was talking to Carrie Underwood, so I thought I’d listen.  I’m not a huge Carrie fan, but what the heck, right?  Well, near the end of the interview, she mentioned she was going to a New Kids on the Block concert.  I about died laughing.  Is Carrie even OLD enough to be a New Kids fan?  My gods… 

Although, I have to admit, there’s something rather amusing about driving down Las Vegas Boulevard, aka The Strip, blasting “Last Name” and rocking out at 7 AM.

Oh oh oh oh oh… You got it, the right stuff…

1 comments:

Redheaded Mama said...

I read the story on the website for the family with all the kids. I can kind of understand it, but you'd think that after number 17, she'd have had her tubes tied, or something. I'd like another but 15 more? I don't freaking think so!