Sunday, August 10, 2008

Something New

I've been writing about Ali since I was 10.  I've been writing about Ali & Blake since July 2006.  I needed a new direction.  Mind you, I've had Dakotah on the back burner since like 2002, and despite having started a new story in that series called Blood Oath, I just haven't been able to get back into it like I wanted to.  Add to that how badly the Montana/Colbie story stalled... and well, you get a despondent writer. 

So, while listening to my music Friday, I was suddenly inspired.  On the new version of Blake Shelton's Pure BS CD, he has a song on there called "I Can't Walk Away" about a bull rider with a grudge.  And the title of that song really called to me.  I thought it'd make a great theme for a story, but I couldn't come up with the idea.  Not yet.

Enter Blake's girlfriend (and this is the one time I'll let the little blonde into my life LOL)... Going to work on Friday, I pulled out my Crazy Ex-Girlfriend CD and began listening to it.  I've always loved the song "Desperation" on that CD - been there, done that - and then the idea started to form.

It all cemented itself together in my brain while listening to "Guilty In Here" off the same CD and now I'm writing it.  It's something different, that's for sure.  First person POV, and a subject that I never really considered writing about - the other woman.  Wish me luck, I think it'll be a good one. 

Well, I can hope, right?

~The Crazy Lady and her new friend, Morgan

0 comments: